Dr. Shawn Baker (@SBakerMD) uses his outspoken voice to inspire thousands of people to experiment with and thrive on carnivore. He is an orthopedic surgeon and lifelong multi-sport athlete competing at the highest levels and setting world records in Concept 2 erging, highland games, deadlifting, and rugby. He’s a backflipping, basketball dunking, and massive deadlifting 50+-year old father. Shawn co-hosts the incredible Human Performance Outliers podcast, which is a favorite of mine, and is constantly pushing against paradigms while educating the masses.
Shawn and I talk about the following:
- Why we need to be outspoken and direct about carnivore
- What we're up against in terms of politics and threatening the food supply
- The need for more science on the carnivore diet
- Environmental myths around carnivore
- Views on recent Joe Rogan debates (Rhonda Patrick, Joel Kahn)
- When he started carnivore and why
- Diving deeper into organ meats and anthropology
- And much more!
Where to find Shawn and his work:
- Shawn's website, - buy some gear or a consult
- Meat Heals - submit your story
- Human Performance Outliers podcast
- The Carnivore Diet - go buy the book
- World Carnivore Tribe
- Vegan Recovery Group
What questions would you like answered or who would you like to hear from in the carnivore or research community?