Paul Saladino (@PaulSaladinoMD) is a classically trained MD, as well as a functional medicine practitioner. He received his MD from the University of Arizona in 2015 and has a IFMCP as well.
He went on to residency at the University of Washington in psychiatry. His interests include the autoimmune basis of psychiatric illness, connections between the microbiome and mental health, and nutritional biochemistry. In his practice he is passionate about understanding and correcting the roots of disease.
Paul most recently has taken an interest in the carnivore diet as an intervention for health.
Dr. Saladino and I discuss the following:
- Hunting and balancing interests
- Plants as a essential vs. a possible toxin: Glutathione and sulforaphane
- IGF-1 and mTor - glycine methionine
- Glucagon and resistance through high protein
- Muscle meat carnivore vs nose to tail
- Too much vitamin A / vitamin deficiencies
- Catching up on glycine
- Bone meal and boron
- Losing weight on carnivore
- Counting calories
- And much more!
Where to find out more about Paul:
What questions would you like answered or who would you like to hear from in the carnivore or research community?