Caitlin Weeks (@GrassFedGirl) is a certified nutrition consultant, former personal trainer and owner of the popular keto blog Grassfedgirl.com. She is the bestselling author of Mediterranean Paleo Cooking, a book that incorporates the Mediterranean diet and ancestral foods into easy, flavorful recipes. After yo-yo dieting and excessively exercising through her teens and 20’s she was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called hashimotos thyroiditis. She's been keto and paleo for over 9 years and carnivore for several months. Her mission is to empower people to challenge conventional wisdom and find wellness through a nutrient dense, animal-based diet.
Please consider supporting the show on Patreon or Paypal so we can reach more people:
Caitlin and I discuss:
- Her health journey and story
- Becoming a personal trainer while watching her own health deteriorate
- Common struggles and cycles of diet and lifestyle we all go through
- Finding paleo, then keto, then carnivore
- Thyroid and hasimotos
- Mental health
- How cooking plays into her journey
- And much more!
Where to find Caitlin:
What questions would you like answered or who would you like to hear from in the carnivore or research community?