Danny Vega (@KetoCounterCulture / FatFueledFamily) is an expert in strength, conditioning, and performance, and how to apply nutrition to optimize all of these. I’ve been following Danny for years and I would describe him as a jacked, wise, considerate, and generous philosopher-king of keto. Danny has a MS in Human Performance from the University of Florida. His passions include ketogenic and carnivore dieting, strength and conditioning, stoicism, libertarianism, and of course, raising his sons Dean and Desmond in a holistic way with his equally amazing wife Maura.
Danny and I dive into:
- How he got into keto and sharing his story through social media
- Keto for strength training vs. endurance
- Moving from keto to carnivore and back
- Flexibility around adding small amounts of carbs for performance
- Keto/carnivore for body composition and hypertrophy training
- His daily diet
- Keto/low carb for kids
- Fat vs. protein
- The value of experimenting vs. consistency
- Loving what you do and leaving your day job
- And much more!
Check out the HVMN podcast for more on keto and performance, as well as their recent series on carnivore!
Where to find Danny:
- Ketocounterculture instagram
- Fat Fueled Kids instagram
- Fat Fueled Family site
- Fat Fueled Family podcast
- Ketogenic Athlete podcast
- Fat Fueled Family youtube
- Fat Fueled Family facebook
What questions would you like answered or who would you like to hear from in the carnivore or research community?