Ash Simmonds (@CarnivoresCreeds or High Steaks on Twitter) is a long-term carnivore, nutrition BS dispeller, science synthesizer, internet personality, and computer programmer. Ash is the author of the Amazon bestseller Principia Ketogenica, a Compendium Of Science Literature On The Benefits of Low Carb and Ketogenic Diets. He also authors HighSteaks.com, a wiki and treasure trove of ketogenic and carnivore information, as well as his personal blog Ashsimmonds.com.
Ash and I discuss the following:
- Low human interference diet
- Plants as flavor and not being dogmatic about carnivore
- Gout going away, weight loss, and joint pain relief
- Experiments with overeating, alcohol, ketosis
- Problems with tracking calories and CICO, weight loss
- Meal timing, circadian rhythms, Bill Lagakos
- Fat to protein ratios in depth, fat to satiety, PSMF, Ted Naiman
- Problems with the mass popularization of keto and carnivore today
- And much more!
Links from this episode:
- Low Human Interference Diet: https://ashsimmonds.com/2014/08/01/what-i-eat/
- No such thing as macronutrient: http://highsteaks.com/archevore-archive-there-is-no-such-thing-as-a-macronutrient-part-i-fats-kurt-g-harris-md/
- Alcohol and nutrition: http://highsteaks.com/f/index.php?topic=90.0
- Where does 3500 calories come from? http://highsteaks.com/f/index.php?topic=90.0
- Protein / PSMF / Ted Naiman:
- Eat Meat, Not too Little, Mostly Fat: http://www.empiri.ca/p/eat-meat-not-too-little-mostly-fat.html
What questions would you like answered or who would you like to hear from in the carnivore or research community?