L. Amber O’Hearn (@KetoCarnivore) has been a carnivore for almost 10 years and has dedicated herself to deeply researching the science of ketogenic and carnivorous diets for the benefit of folks like us through her blogs Empiri.ca and Ketotic.org, podcasts like this, and very well-formed lectures on various topics. She has a background in data science and an intelligent and curious mind for finding answers to questions about nutrition and disease.
Amber and I dive deep into the following:
- Mental aspects of diet and affects on moods
- Women and carnivore - dietary stigmas
- How humans may be most optimally suited for ketosis
- Importance of electrolytes both during adaptation and thereafter
- What she’s learned from Paleomedicina and a PKD diet - who it is for
- Items that throw off food palatability and hunger
- Coffee and its effects - ways to quit
- Carnivore for babies
- Adding plants back
- And much more!
Where to find Amber and her work:
What questions would you like answered or who would you like to hear from in the carnivore or research community?